All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. - J.R.R Tolkien

Photobucket

Sometimes what I write in this blog will be well articulated, grammatically correct essays that serve as good social commentary on current issues. Most of the time, however, I'm busy and am not as diligent about proofreading or properly expressing thoughts as one should be when presenting one's writing to others. I apologize for anything you may read that seems worse than a rough draft, or appears to be a random disconnected thought. "Them's the breaks."

Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Tolkein, NOT Lewis

I like C.S. Lewis, I do.  I have however noticed that an abundant number of people are reaching my blog because they use the search terms "not all those who wander are lost cs lewis" IT IS NOT A LEWIS QUOTE, it's J.R.R. Tolkein.  They were friends and all, and both great writers but the poem comes from Lord Of The Rings.

I just got a bit testy reading through my visitor results realizing the sheer volume of people searching for that phrase assuming it was written by C.S. Lewis and thought I should be clear, though I'm thinking the fact that I attribute it to Tolkein at the top of my blog should be enough.

No comments: